Greetings from Aceh

꾸미기_13R 20150222 6_마싯다 졸업.jpg

Our ex-volunteer, Mashita who has given us lots of bright smiles and energy graduated from her school after long studies. She majored in veterinary science at Universitas Syiah Kuala, and she has a careful eye for the animals. When our cats have bad conditions, she gave advice about how we could help them. The day of graduation on 17 February, we came to congratulate her and Mashita provided a great lunch for us. This is a typical Acehnese warm heart to show their hospitality for friends and guests. I appreciate about this society that they do not ask any price for what they have done for their visitors.

꾸미기_13R 20150222 3_평화캠프 준비.jpg

꾸미기_13R 20150222 6_아체 캐릭터 뿌뜨리.jpg

Late on the next night, Romi and Irman who had gone to survey in Serempah village came back safely. They checked the condition of the village and discussed where we can stay and with what kind of work we can help them. They also got the permission by the local police office. Wanda who had pain on his face got proper treatment at hospital and greeted us brightly. The next day Romi returned, all staffs had a meeting to discuss about camp curriculum and materials. This camp will be conducted with a children’s book, ‘Although it is like a lie story’ which would give an inspiration about the stories of children from conflict or famine areas. Related with the literary copyright, the author, Kyeongsu Jeong happily agreed that we can use this book at our camp. A new character in the book, ‘Aceh Putri’ will guide this peace camp in the real world. Our experimental materials like a world map and puzzle will be upgraded after our meeting. We will start to make those materials at 3R centre during the next week.

꾸미기_13R 20150222 4_평화캠프 세계지도 퍼즐.jpg

Additionally we’re willing to make special gifts for participants. It’s small one and it may give a chance to remember our activities through a mini poster, an introduction postcard and Polaroid photo taken for participants during the camp.

We wish that participants may keep the memory of the camp even it is a short program. At the same time, we can keep our data and products properly by this way as well.

꾸미기_13R 20150222 5_퍼즐 재작.jpg

I looked down from the second floor balcony and saw Acehnese young men. Whenever I see them, I feel that some positive energy will be created by them. I expect that they could build great thoughts and acts through the interests and agonies of their youth.

꾸미기_13R 20150222 2_아체 친구들의 모임.jpg

Prayer requests:

1.     Pray that we could prepare well for the Peace Camp.

2.    Pray for the lives of Acehnese young men.