Greetings from Aceh!

꾸미기_3R 20150228 7 피스캠프 오리엔테이션 첫날.jpg

Since the beginning of last week, we had busy days. It started from the weekend evening with the preparation for Serempah Peace Camp. Then we had to prepare all the stuff for camp and had to complete what we had decided in our discussion.

꾸미기_3R 20150228 3 거북이 방생.jpg

In the midst of the busiest time, Ihksan delivered us the news that there would be an event to release turtles at a nearby village so we went there to join in the event. RAMBARO village’s turtle releasing event has continued for three years so far. Even though the event didn’t attract as much as the first year, it was enough valued that people kept their responsibilities to care for the turtle eggs and preserve them until the eggs had hatched. I’m reminded that there are various ways to save life, to keep life and to help life.

Even if such a program couldn’t go the perfect way, I want to believe that all manner of things shall make people convey a new awareness and warm hearts as it has started as a respect for life. Most of all, it could be reliable evidence that I could see bright smiles on the children’s faces. I wish I could see again these smiles at the Serempah Camp which is coming soon.

꾸미기_3R 20150228 8 피스캠프 오리엔테이션-모울리.jpg

꾸미기_3R 20150228 12 피스캠프 오리엔테이션 모래뿌리기.jpg

꾸미기_3R 20150228 13피스캠프 오리엔테이션 퍼즐.jpg

We started the Peace Camp with participants (Daus, Ilham, Risa and Irman) on Saturday. The theme of camp is Sahabat yang Jauh. (Friends who are sharing minds from far away.)” 

Serempah children will meet with seven friends in the story book. All these friends are from countries which were known as facing difficulties. And they are living under worse conditions than Acehnese children.  We want to share our minds with them. In order to feel a little more realistic, we made them with paper dolls, doing storytelling and greetings with them in our program. It was already proved with camp participants that they were friendly to the characters and enjoyed to talk with these seven paper dolls. As the campers become friendly with the seven children, Serempah children will be enabled to share their minds.

꾸미기_3R 20150228 19.jpg

Prayer requests:

1.     Pray that we could have safe journey and meaningful camp.