[20150223] Weekly sharing from Jeju, Korea

2015.03.19 18:07

관리자 조회 수:63

꾸미기_1대만에서 설날을 보내는 동원과 에밀리_20150222.jpg

Dear all!

After all friends from Korea and Okinawa left for their home, the New Year holiday started. Dongwon came to Taiwan to spend New Year with our Taiwan family and after the time for family, we met Leo and started history traveling together.

꾸미기_1에밀리 집에서 지내는 제사_20150219.jpg

We went to Hualian together and visited one environment NGO here that shared with us lots of history of Hualian and helped us with guide. With some studying and suggestions, we visited some war heritage site and military base.
Our staying is at Leo cousin's house.  Leo's cousin and wife are both working with Budism NGO.  In the night, we shared stories with them and one night we met Emma who is currently guiding a Chinese group traveling in Taiwan.  One night, we (Leo, DongWon and Emily) talked with each other how we want to live in community and what kind of community we want to live. Maybe oneday we can live in a community in Taiwan. Who knows?

꾸미기_1요나구니지마 군사기지 반대 지지하는 에밀리_20150222.jpg

While staying in Taiwan,  there must be lots of things going on in Jeju, but I am not checking all the news here in Taiwan or material I won't have enough time to make myself happy for being alive. 

꾸미기_1에밀리 집에서 지내는 제사 2_20150219.jpg

One sad news I received from my friend in Yunaguni island, a small island among Okinawa islands, is that the voting for making a new base there was passed.  So many new bases are growing here. I pray for the crying eyes who I met in Yonaguni island.

Korea and Chinese new year has almost came to the end. Happy new year...

Pray requests:
1. Pray for health.