긴급기도요청

2017.03.14 16:23

asumalai 조회 수:31

여러분, 기도가 필요한 소식이예요. 오늘 뉴스에서, 콩고에서 UN 스텝 5명이 납치(콩코정부)된 것 같다고 해요. 사라졌데요. 그 중 한명은 미국인 Michael Sharp인데 2007년 아프가니스탄 평화캠프 참가자였어요. 마이클은 개척자들 평화캠프 참석한 후에 MCC 콩코에서 2012-2015까지 일했고, 그 후 콩코에서 UN에 합류해 Coordinator and Armed Groups Expert at United Nations Group of Experts on the DRC 일하고 있어요. Kasai Central province에서 분쟁 조사를 하던 중 사라진 것으로 뉴스에 나왔는데, 아직 자세한 소식은 많지 않네요. 아무튼 이들을 위해 기도해 주세요. (파코)


Two U.N. officials of U.S., Swedish nationality kidnapped in central Congo

By Aaron Ross | KANANGA, Congo

KANANGA, Congo Two U.N. officials of American and Swedish nationality have been kidnapped in Congo's Kasai Central province, the Congolese government said on Monday.

Its statement said Michael Sharp, a U.S. citizen, and Zaida Catalan, of Swedish nationality, had "fallen into the hands of negative forces not yet identified", along with four Congolese they were with near the village of Ngombe.

Sharp and Catalan were among a U.N. panel of experts investigating the conflicts that have been simmering in Congo since the mid-1990s, when a civil war spawned dozens of armed groups and drew in half a dozen neighboring armies.

"The administrative and security services are working ... in concert with Monusco (the U.N. mission) to obtain the liberation of the kidnapped persons," the government statement signed by Information Minister Lambert Mende added.

A U.N. spokesman said they were missing and that U.N. peacekeepers were searching for them, without giving further details. The government statement gave no date for the incident.

The United Nations lists Catalan as Chilean.

Kasai Central province, in remote, heavily forested central Congo, has been riven by clashes between security forces and a local tribal militia called the Kamuina Nsapu since July.

At least 400 people have been killed and 200,000 have been displaced since the fighting broke out when police killed the militia's leader last August, the U.N. mission says.

U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein said last week that three mass graves had been discovered in the area where the clashes are taking place.

Security across Congo has worsened since President Joseph Kabila failed to step down when his mandate expired in December.